Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell‘Informazione
Università degli Studi di Brescia
Via Branze, 38 25123 Brescia - Italy
publications: IRIS - DBLP
Michele Melchiori is assistant professor at the Engineering Faculty of the Università degli Studi di Brescia (Italy) where he has been doing research and teaching activities since 1998. He has received a “Dottorato di Ricerca” (Ph.D) Degree in Information Engineering from the University of Brescia in the 2001 and, previously, he has received a Master Degree in Computer Science from the University of Milan.
His main research interests are in the area of models and tools for the design of information systems and specifically on: semantic-based recommendation systems for mashup based on registries of components, semantic interoperability, ontologies for interoperability, semantic web service discovery in distributed environments and semantic integration of semi-structured data.
On these topics he has worked on in the context of various projects.
Recent international project:
- INTEROP (network of excellence, INTEROPerability of enterprise applications and software).
Previous national projects:
- VISPO (Virtual District Internet-based Service Platform, research activity with strategic character, co-funded by the Italian the Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR);
- MAIS (Multichannel Adaptive Information Systems, MIUR FIRB project);
- ESTEEM (Emergent Semantics and cooperaTion in multi-knowledgE EnvironMents - Advanced methods and tools for semantic cooperation in Web virtual communities, MIUR FIRB project).
He has participated in various program committees for national and international conferences.
- D2I (From Data to Information, MIUR scientific research programs with relevant national interest);
- INTERDATA (Methodologies and technologies for data and process management on Internet and intranets, co-funded by MIUR).